MONTREAL, Jan. 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Maya Gold & Silver Inc. (“Maya” or the “Corporation”) (TSX: MYA)is very pleased to announce that it has intersected a series of significant drill results from its ongoing 2019-2020 diamond drilling program from the surface at its Boumadine polymetallic mine in the Kingdom of Morocco. The corporation is reporting assay results from 7 diamond drill holes for 2,103 meters out of 26 holes of the 2019 program totaling 3959.2 meters. Other results are pending from the remaining drill holes, and will be disclosed once the results are received, compiled and verified.
The assay results reported herein are provided in Table 1 below and include the following highlights:
- Imarighen zone
- Drill Hole B19-05 intersect 2.51 g/t Au and 1.82% Zn over 7 meters from 97.6m to 104.6m, including 3.99 g/t Au and 3.09% Zn Over 2.5 meters from 101.1m to 103.6m.
- Drill Hole B19-06 intersect 4.86 g/t Au and 5% Zn over 2.5 meters from 146,00m to 148,50m, including 11.35 g/t Au and 0.82% Zn Over 1 meters from 146,5m to 147m.
- Drill Hole B19-06 intersect 5.15 g/t Au and 0.99% Zn over 1 meters from 139m to 140m.
- Drill Hole B19-08 intersect 5.09 g/t Au and 5.56% Zn over 4 meters from 75m to 79m, including 5.51 g/t Au over 3 meters from 75m to 78m.
- Centre zone
- Drill Hole B19-03 intersect 4.09 g/t Au and 249.62 g/t Ag over 6 meters from 228.9m to 234.9m, including 9.11 g/t Au and 214.88 g/t Ag over 1.5 meters from 229.4m to 230.9m.
- Drill Hole B19-01 intersect 1.5 g/t Au and 132.9 g/t Ag over 5 meters from 197.5m to 202.5, including 2.3 g/t Au and 112 g/t Ag over 1.5 meters from 198m to 199.5m.
- Drill Hole B19-03 intersect 2.96 g/t Au and 96.4 g/t Ag over 2 meters from 217.9m to 219.9, including 4.29 g/t Au and 128.76 g/t Ag over 1 meters from 217.9m to 218.9m.
‘These positive assay results validate the vertical extension of the exposed mineralized structures and increase the quality of the mineralization in both zones; Imarighen and Centre. These results should also increase the quality and extent of the mineral resources within the existing pit-constrained resources highlighted in the PEA of March 24th2019’ said Mohamed Assalmi Senior Geologist at Boumadine Global Mining« BGM ».
Boumadine Deposit – Current Interpretation
Mineralization at Boumadine deposit is defined by vein swarm with NNW-SSE striking, and subvertical dipping hosted in Ignimbrite, Andesitic, and dioritic rocks.
These structures host high-grade mineralization associated to strong sericite-chlorite alteration with disseminated pyrite, arsenopyrite, galena, sphalerite and the massive pyrite prominently observed in several targets. The high-grade intervals pinch and swell vertically with the strongest mineralization occurring where the structures cross lithologic contacts or in the contact with dolerite dykes (figure 1 and 3)
The system is also cut by a late, E-W oriented structures with a mineralization of baryte-copper-lead and Zinc.
Figure 1: Geological map of the Boumadine deposits with the drill holes (program 2019-2020).
Boumadine – 2019 Diamond Drilling
A total of 11235m of diamond drilling is programmed for 2019 and 2020. Drilling was conducted in three zones (Imarighen, Centre and North) with a focus on the surface sampling program results and the positive results from the 2018 program.
A total of 26 holes were drilled totaling 3959.2m. At zone Centre four holes were drilled totaling 1446.7m. At zone Imarighen nineteen holes were drilled totaling 1968.6m. At zone Nord three holes were drilled totaling 543.9m with holes B20-1 realized and hole B20-2 in progress.
- Imarighen zone
At zone Imarighen 19 holes were drilled and are complementary to the 2018 program to confirm known envelops, and increase confidence in the mineral resources.
The holes (B19-5-6-7 and 8) that transect across the core of western Imarighen target area, establishing the vertical and lateral continuity of the mineralized structures initially intersected during 2018 drilling. The table below show the main results (table1) (figure 2).